Safety of our students is our prime concern. Thus, our transport facility is fully equipped AC buses to provide the safest & the most convenient transport solution. It is compulsory for all the students to avail the school transport. The routes of the school buses are drawn up based on convenience and demand while ensuring that no route is overly long. Parents should consult the School’s transport in-charge for necessary details. The goal of DPS PALI ROAD is to provide the students of this district with a safe and secure transportation program. This goal can only be achieved through the combined efforts of school, Bus Company, students, and parents. Involvement from all parties is critical to the success of the program. The privilege of receiving transportation services is dependent upon meeting behavioral expectations. Because privileges can be revoked, student knowledge of expectations is essential. In order to keep students and parents better informed, we have created a transportation handbook which describes:
- General eligibility requirements;
- Behavioral expectations;
- Consequences for not meeting behavior expectations.
We look forward in providing you a continued safe and positive transportation program.
Bus Rules :
- A student using the School bus is expected to be at the bus-stop at least five minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus.
- Students should stay well off the road while waiting for the bus.
- Students should stay at least 10 feet away from the moving bus and wait until the bus stops before approaching it.
- Students are allowed to use only their allotted bus and bus stop. No change will be allowed without prior permission of the school in writing.
- Buses will not wait for late comers.
- If a student misses his / her allotted bus, he / she should not try to board on any other bus. It is the responsibility of the parents to drop their wards to the school. Such students may however, return by their allotted bus.
- Students will only be picked up at designated stops.
While on the bus:
- All rules of conduct that apply on school property also apply on the bus.
- All students must occupy the seats immediately after boarding their respective buses. The reservation of seats for co-commuters is not allowed under any circumstances.
- No student should travel standing on the footboard.
- Students must not move around in the bus while in the bus is in motion.
- The consumption of edibles and drinks is not permitted in the bus
- Students should not create any disturbance on the bus that may distract the driver’s attention from his/her driving.
- All students must be in their seats while the bus is moving.
- Students should not throw anything in or out of the bus at any time
- Aisles should be kept clear at all times.
- No part of the body should be extended from the window at any time.
- The emergency door should be used only in an emergency.
- The driver is delegated the same authority as the teacher to make and enforce rules for those for whom he/she is responsible.
After Leaving the Bus:
- If a student must cross the road after leaving the bus, he/she should wait for the driver’s signal and then cross in front of the bus.
- If a student lives on the side of the road on which the bus stops, he/she should move away from the bus immediately after getting off.
- Students will be dropped off only at designated bus stops.
- The buses will not wait for the late comers.
- The children should stay away from the main road until the arrival of the bus.
- No student should come near the entry door of the bus until it has made a complete stop.
- All students must occupy seats immediately after boarding their buses.
- The drivers are authorised to stop buses at the designated stop only, unless otherwise directed by the bus teacher. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus commuters and is subject to change.
- When the bus is in motion students must not move around in the bus and no part of their body should be outside the bus.
- Unruly behavior and shouting is strictly prohibited. Courteous behavior is expected at all times.
- The driver's attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- The bus teachers and student bus monitors are responsible for maintaining discipline in the buses. Any serious offence must be reported to the Principal.
- Under no circumstances will children be allowed to board another bus to fulfill social engagements.
- Every student has to pay Eleven Months bus fare as per rules.
- Any disciplinary matter must be reported to the Principal.
- No Parent is expected to be rude or unfair with the driver / attendant.
If you have any questions about the information presented in this handbook or about the transportation program in general, please contact either of the following
Phone Number: 08696969849, 0291 - 2728042 / 43
We look forward to provide you a continued safe and positive transportation program